Well designed and well crafted products
The following warranty is for all products made from January, 1, 2011 or after and is destined to be used in Canada. All former warranties will continue to be applied to products made by Elite before this date. For more information please call 1 800 463-1955.
THIS WARRANTY COVERS
We warranty an Elite product that is found to be defective such as a defective component or a manufacturing defect during the period following the purchase date mentioned here above. Elite will take the decision to repair or replace the product or defective component. The labour ( when Elite decides it is necessary ), to replace or repair all components, is covered by the warranty for a total of 2 years beginning at the date of purchase.
Lifetime warranty on the regular sealed unit, low-e argon, in standard usage and installation conditions, when there is appearance of a film or dirt deposit inside the window. If this is the case Elite will supply a new sealed unit. The Elite warranty does not apply to thermal breakage. Transportation and installation fees may apply.
10 year warranty on replacement sealed unit.
20 year warranty on hardware parts and on PVC extrusions excluding labour and transportation caused by their replacement.
5 year warranty on the wooden window and door frames on all manufacturing defects. This does not include a frame left without protection.
5 year warranty on the Articplus door panels and a 20 YEAR WARRANTY on the Celcolor door panels.
The warranty relative to our products is provided to the original owner of the residence where the products were installed, as long as he or she remains the owner of the residence.
Transferability: The warranty is transferable in the following way: If you sell your residence, the warranty is valid over a period of 10 years starting from the date of the original delivery.
Painted exterior finishes: We guarantee that our exterior paints applied in the factory (plant) will be exempt from blistering, erosion and flaking over a 10 year period. Our exterior paints will not show excessive paint change over a 10 year period. Note: The warranty does not cover discoloration, the polish, surface damage if the product has been subjected to improper care such as ( being washed with ) or the usage of natural or chemical solvents or by all environmental factors that could cause such a deterioration.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
Elite is not responsible for:
- Normal wear and tear to the hardware caused by faulty manipulation.
- Damage caused by chemical products (solvent and abrasive products).
- Poor efficiency caused by negligent or inadequate usage; damage caused by the absence of maintenance, modifications or alterations done to the window.
- All glass breakage.
- Incorrect or nonstandard installation, malfunctioning problems and problems connected to infiltrations, air and water leaks arising out of the poor or bad installation or relative to problems relating to the conception and or construction of the building.
- Damage caused to the screen by normal usage, abusive or inappropriate usage, or done by an animal.
- Condensation or damages caused by condensation. Note: Unless the damage is relative to a breakage or defect of the insulated glass, most of the problems relating to the condensation are linked to the high, excessive humidity levels in the buildings.
Contact a heating specialist to obtain help or advice.
Our commitment if a problem occurs
As soon as we are informed of the problem, we will send you a confirmation of the work to be done and this within 2 business days following your notification. If it is established that the product in question presents a defect that is not covered by the labour warranty, it is possible that we may demand inspection fees for visits done to the dwelling or building that appear to be necessary or that are requested by you.
Because the materials and fabrication methods can change, it is possible that the replacement parts are not aesthetically identical to the original. The replacement products and parts are covered until the end of the initial warranty of the original product, or over a period of 90 days, whichever is the longest.